Thursday, December 25, 2014

v.06 release (Merry Christmas!)

Hey there, everybody! With very little fanfare, but just in time for Christmas, it's time for the next public update!

Download v.06 of Crisis Point by clicking here!


v.06 is a bit smaller than I would have liked. I was already behind on work, and Thanksgiving travel threw off my schedule further. Regardless, it still contains some nice new content and I think you guys are going to enjoy it.

UPDATE v.06 CHANGES -Finish kick animation [partially done] + Warped Soldier detail
-Update crouching pose again
-Begin work on cumming animations
-Slime
-Slime duo
-Tentacle
-Design more of game map
-Plan out environmental hazards
-Create more content (areas)

As usual, in addition to the list of primary updates, here's what I'm working on for the upcoming New Years Patreon release:

UPDATE v.07 GOALS
-Finish rest of kick animation
-Add in Wire Shot upgrade
-Implement first boss
-Actually re-code collision engine for real this time, seriously
-Improve dialogue box graphics
-Add Warped Soldier cumming animation
-Possible new enemy? (depends on how long boss takes)
-Implement various environmental hazards
-Create more content (areas)


As you can see, the next update should be much more substantial. It will be released to Patrons in the first week of December, but keep in mind that you'll only get the update then if they're signed up for the campaign before December 1st. If not, it'll come to the public as usual on January 25th.


Hope you're having a great holiday season, and Merry Christmas to you all!
-A42

12 comments:

  1. when i press "i", i spin kick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some feedback after playing through v.06:

    1. When I hit 0 health and get knocked down, not only can I not struggle out of sex (I know this is intentional) but I can't seem to get back up after the sex scene, either, which leaves me with no other option but to restart.

    2. I can't seem to slide up slopes: I'm not sure this is intentional or not (I can see it being something intentional but I'm not sure.)

    3. Shots fired by the warped soldier persist if you leave an area and return very quickly. There was one section in the ruins where you had to jump up to a screen with a soldier nearby, who would fire immediately, so I let myself fall down to dodge and try again, and I jumped back up right into his shots, making it difficult to get out of the hole due to the stun.

    4. You may want to adjust either the frequency that health pickups appear or how much they heal, as it seems even when I went out of my way to kill as many enemies as possible while being as careful as possible, I had a net loss of health (it took me a few tries to get to the health upgrade this time around since I kept reaching 0 health and having to restart.) Maybe I just suck, I dunno.

    I really appreciate all the effort you're putting into this. Keep up the good work, I look forward to v.07. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks for the feedback! I'll respond in order.

      1: Well, when you hit 0 health, you're dead, sooo.. Yeah, you can't get back up, lol. There's no real 'game over' screen yet, but it will be more obvious once I add that in.

      2: It's intentional, you're not supposed to be able to slide up slopes.

      3: Thanks for mentioning that, I'll add it onto the list of things to fix.

      4: Practicing combat and getting better is obvious so I don't really need to say that, lol, but it will also help a lot when I get some save points in there. Unlike Super Metroid, I plan on having save points restore Alicia's health. However, I'll definitely see about retooling the health pickups to make them heal a bit more, especially since there are no save points yet.

      Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback, I appreciate it - and I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
      -A42

      Delete
  3. Update is looking good. Merry Christmas mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Might be a little late, but Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing progress so far! Will a Tentacle duo ever be on the to-do list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering it, but I can't say anything for sure yet. Glad you like it though!

      Delete
  5. I found something rather odd anon...

    I went into my Local Files in Appdata and found a folder called Crisis_Point_Extinction. Inside there was something that resembled achievements in it... Are you hiding something from us anon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that too... Huh. Wonder what it is.

      Delete
    2. I'd love for my answer to be more interesting, but the files in there are just automatic ones any Game Maker project gets, lol. That's not to say there won't be any achievements in the full game, though..

      Delete
  6. What the fuck is this? How did you manage to get this far into making a game this good and not have anyone notice you, or really, even show up on my radar? I'm the no-lifer that scums the internet for this stuff and has been doing so for years. I used to imagine people like you existed and were making good games but were just hard to find. Ultimately I decided that was a fantasy, but then you actually crop up. I'm joining your Patreon campaign. Keep making this game, understand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well damn, thanks man! I'm glad you were that impressed with it! Production has only been going on seriously for the past half-year or so - honestly not a very long time in terms of game development - so you haven't missed too much. Needless to say I have no intention of giving up on this project, so welcome aboard, and thank you for your support and interest!

      Delete